Recipe by MarieRynr
I got this recipe from Taste of Home Magazine. It is delicious, but then all their recipes are!
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, divided
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 cream filled chocolate sandwich style cookies, crushed
- 3 -4 medium bananas, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened, divided
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- whipped topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup of butter, sugar, milk and chocolate chips.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter; toss with cookie crumbs.
- Press into a greased 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Arrange banana slices over crust; spread with 1 quart of ice cream.
- Top with 1 cup of the chocolate sauce.
- Freeze for one hour.
- Refrigerate remaining chocolate sauce.
- Spread the remaining ice cream over dessert; top with pineapple, cherries and pecans.
- Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- Reheat the chocolate sauce.
- Cut dessert into squares; serve with chocolate sauce and whipped topping if desired.