Recipe by WI Cheesehead
Not sure where I originally got this, but it's delicious! I'm not a big banana lover, but the flavor works well in this cookie and you can either make regular sized cookies or large cookies to make an ice cream sundae with. They are moist.
Top Review by Hill Family
The cookies are easy to whip up but kind of bland for our tastes. We then added ice cream - vanilla for me and chocolate for DH. We sliced a banana and poured strawberry jam and chocolate sauce on it...yummy!!
- 1 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups ripe bananas, mashed (about 4 medium)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- vanilla ice cream
- chocolate fudge topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat margarine and sugar in bowl until creamy.
- Add bananas, eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- In another bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips.
- Add to banana mix. Mix well.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet, 3 inches apart.
- Spread dough into 3 inch (or more) circles.
- Bake at 350°F 14 to 16 minutes, until edges are light golden color.
- Cool 1 min on sheet; remove to wire rack and cool completely.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.
- Top with ice cream and topping.