Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted for recipe swap. From food down under.
- 2 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons soft butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup sweetened whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups sweetened sliced strawberries
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Stir baking mix, sugar, 3 tablespoons butter and the milk to a soft dough. Gently smooth dough into a ball on floured cloth-covered board. Knead 8-10 times.
- Divide dough in half. Roll one half into 9-inch circle. Place in ungreased round layer pan, 9 x 1 1/2 inches; dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Roll other half of dough into 9 inch circle and place on top of dough in pan. Bake 15 minutes or until light brown. Split warm shortcake crosswise.
- Slice half the banana over bottom layer and spread with 1/2 cup of the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the nuts.
- Place second layer on whipped cream and nuts, slice remaining banana half over top.
- Spoon strawberries over layers and spread with remaining whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Cut into wedges.