Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Not the traditional banana split, but a poke and pour cake slightly out of the ordinary. Yummy.
- 1 package banana cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 env dream whipped topping
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box chocolate instant pudding
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Dissolve jello in 3/4 cup boiling water, then add 1/2 cup cold water and set aside.
- Mix and bake cake as directed on package for a 13x9 pan.
- Cool cake 20-25 minutes.
- Poke deep holes through top of warm cake with a meat fork or skewer about 1 inch apart.
- Slowly pour jello over the cake.
- Refrigerate while making topping.
- Blend topping ingredients in a chilled bowl and beat until stiff and fluffy, about 4-8 minutes.
- Immediately frost cake.
- May be garnished with strawberry and banana slices.
- Store in refrigerator and serve chilled.
- Can be frozen for storage.
Loved this cake!! Easy to make! I might try the pineapple next time too. When using cool whip, do you make the pudding first, then add it to the cool whip?
I tagged this on Zaar Tag! This is very good. Easy to make. I used cool whip instead of the whipped topping. I liked it alot. I am thinking of putting some crushed pineapples in it the next time around! 5 star for me!