1/2 Photos of Banana Split Pudding Brownies
From Vegan With A Vengeance. This is a really fudgy brownie with a banana pudding on top that melts into the brownie layer and forms this unbelievable ooey gooey banana brownie concoction. Although you can hold it in your hand, you may want to serve it with a fork. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup very ripe banana, mashed (about 2 large)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray or very lightly grease with oil.
- 3TO MAKE THE BROWNIE BATTER: Melt the chocolate by placing in a pan or heat-proof mixing bowl over a small pot of boiling water.
- 4Stir with a heatproof spatula until completely melted, then remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- 5In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of mashed banana, the oil, and the sugar. Use a handheld mixer to beat everything together for about a minute. If you don't have a mixer, use a strong fork and mix for about 3 minutes.
- 6Mix in the vanilla and melted chocolate.
- 7In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 8Add this to the banana mixture in batches, mixing with the hand mixer as you go along. Mix for about 1 minute more.
- 9PREPARE THE BANANA TOPPING: In a small bowl, combine all topping ingredients and mix with the hand mixer (remember to rinse the beaters off first) for about a minute.
- 10TO ASSEMBLE AND BAKE THE BROWNIES: Spread the brownie batter evenly into baking pan. Pour the banana topping over that and spread evenly.
- 11Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- 12After about 15 minutes, move it to the fridge until fully cooled.
- 13Cut into twelve squares, place a few slices of banana on top of each portion, and serve.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Split Pudding Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.7
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 56.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g