Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My neighbor Aggie is the first person to introduce me to this scrumptious recipe,she has since past away, but every time I think of the recipe I think of her. Her recipe called for the use of raw eggs, I have amended it, and my version is equally scrumptious.
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs or 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese (softened)
- 2 (16 ounce) containers Cool Whip
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 4 bananas
- maraschino cherry
- chocolate syrup
- Mix crumbs with butter and firmly pat the crumbs down on the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Place pan in a 350 degree oven for about 5-10 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- Set aside and let cool thoroughly.
- Meanwhile in a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, pudding,3/4 tub of whip cream and a dash of milk and mix well.
- Then fold in the remaining 1/4 of whip cream left. The other tub of whip cream will be used for the topping.
- Spread the mixture over the crust.
- Drain pineapple and reserved the juice for later use.
- Add pineapple over topping evenly.
- Slice bananas and dip them in the pineapple juice so that they don't discolor.
- Place bananas over the pineapple.
- Spread whip cream over bananas.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup over whip cream.
- Top with cherries.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
This dessert is wonderful. I took it to our family reunion last year. Nothing was left. Will be making it again this year for our reunion.