Recipe by Jeanette G
I came up with this recipe on my own one Thanksgiving because I was so tired of just serving pumpkin pie. Make sure you have copies of this recipe on hand because your guest will want it!
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip (room temperature)
- 1 can crushed pineapple (drained)
- powdered sugar
- diced banana
- diced strawberry (fresh or frozen-thawed)
- maraschino cherry (halved)
- chopped pecans
- chocolate icing
Directions See How It's Made
- *There really is no measuring when it comes to the fruit.
- This will be up to you and how much you want in your pie.
- *With an electric mixer on medium, blend both packages of cream cheese and about 4 Tbs.
- of powdered sugar together.
- Taste the mixture to see if you need to add more of the sugar to suit your taste buds.
- Blend well until the cream cheese is soft and easy to work with.
- Next, fold in your Cool Whip with a spatula-do not use an electric mixer to do this.
- Blend together until well mixed.
- Next, add in the pecans, bananas, strawberries, cherries, and the pineapple.
- Once everything has been blended together place your pie mixture in your pie shell.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 3 or 4 hours or just long enough for it to set and get firm.
- Before you serve it, melt some of the chocolate icing in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds.
- Drizzle it over your pie and serve!
- Instead of adding the pecans into the mixture you can also sprinkle them on top of your pie.
- This recipe can be made different ways.
- Sometimes if I make my own piecrust I will add the pecans in the crust.