Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yum Banana Split in a muffin. I made adjustment to this recipe. The original recipe says to put the chocolate chip and pecans on top of the muffins before you bake them. I just felt it needed to be in the muffin. Then it states to add a cherry immediately after you remove it from the oven. I just couldn't see the cherry staying on top if I did that. So I've put it all inside the muffin. My only concern is that it may be to much chocolate so you may want to cut the chocolate chips down to 1/2 cup unless you are a serious chocolate lover. You can also leave out the pecans, if you like. But I hope you all enjoy!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, cut up (optional)
- additional maraschino cherry
- In bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine egg and mayonnaise and mix well.
- Add flour mixture and mashed bananas; mix well.
- Add semi-sweet chocolate chips, maraschino cherries and pecans if you are using them.
- Pour into muffin tins.
- You can either, at this point, top each muffin with a maraschino cherry or bake for 5 minutes and then top with a maraschino cherry.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes at 350ºF.
A very good muffin and we really enjoyed them. The 4 star rating is strictly a preference in the amount of chocolate chips. We all felt they had too much chocolate. (I didn't think that was possible! :) Very moist. We'll make these again w/ 1/2 c chocolate chips.
Really good recipe! A really nice change from regular banana muffins. Loved the flavour combination, quite moist.
Wonderful muffins!! My only change was to use low-fat mayonnaise. Other than that, I made exactly as written. Very nice! Moist. Easy. I love all the stuff you can pack into these muffins! Thank you very much for sharing!