Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I tried this recipe out when I recently bought an ice cream maker, and made it for a July 4th barbeque. It got good reviews from friends and family.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely diced bing cherry (pitted)
- 1 cup finely diced pineapple
- 2 bananas
- chocolate syrup
- Note: be sure to keep ingredredients in the refrigerator until right before you need them (i.e., will help your ice cream machine do its job better).
- After pitting and dicing cherries into small bits, place into small bowl and sprinkle a teaspoon of the sugar on top. Let set in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Dice pineapples into small bits and place in refrigerator until needed.
- Puree bananas, remaining sugar, vanilla, milk and half & half in a blender until the sugar is dissolved. Note: because you want to keep the flavors separate, do NOT puree the other fruits.
- Pour puree mixture along with cream, cherries and pineapple into ice cream machine and follow machine instructions.
- When ice cream is ready to serve, drizzle with chocolate syrup.