Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From "A Taste of Texas" cookbook put out by the FFA/HERO.
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 7 eggs, beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (5 ounce) cans evaporated milk, small can
- 1⁄2 cup instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cherries in juice, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple, crushed
- 3 bananas, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Add sugar to eggs gradually, beating until thick.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except milk.
- Pour into ice cream freezer container.
- Fill with milk.
- Freeze using manufacturer's instructions.
Every year I make a new ice cream for the 4th and this was the one I chose for this year. I think this is the first time I have used 7 eggs in an ice cream. Everyone said it tasted like a banana split. The only thing I did different was to cook the eggs, sugar and canned milks together and then chill it before I added the rest of the ingredients because I had small children eating it and they aren't allowed to eat anything with raw eggs in it. Thanks Luvin' Texas. Bullwinkle