Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great low calorie dessert. High in carbs, but good carbs. :)
- 1 banana, chopped to size of grapes
- 20 seedless grapes
- 1⁄2 apple, chopped to size of grapes
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free strawberry jelly
- 1 tablespoon fat-free whipped topping
- 1 fresh cherries
- Place all ingredients except whipped topping into a bowl.
- Stir to mix up the preserves in with the fruit. Top with whipped topping and the cherry on top, and serve.
Doubled the recipe for the 2 of us, & except for the cherry on top, I followed it right on down (the recipe, that is!), & we had a wonderful tasting salad! I especially liked the preserves in combination with the fruit! Thanks for sharing this great keeper! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Interesting idea! I used a small banana, 15 grapes, and a whole small Empire apple. I used cherry preserves, as I already had an open jar in the refrigerator. I found it hard to mix in with the fruit at first!! I did like this, but I think it was really more because I just like fruit!! Thanks for posting.
I made this for DH and DD after dinner tonight, with a couple of 'replacements' due to the low pantry supplies from the holidays...I added about 4 strawberries that REALLY needed to be used, and had to use blueberry/black currant SF preserves as that was ALL I had in the house. But we REALLY enjoyed this fast and heart-healthy little dessert salad. Will definitely make again as DD just loved the bananas with the jam on them LOL. Thanks 2Bleu for this nice little fruit salad.