Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Sounds weird ........ but the kids will love it and its SO EASY!! The number of jars made will vary according to their size.
- 2 cups crushed strawberries (about 1 qt)
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana (about 2 bananas)
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 box sure.jell fruit pectin
- Mix exactly 2 cups crushed strawberries and 1/2 cup mashed bananas in large bowl.
- Stir in sugar and lemon juice; let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chocolate syrup; mix well.
- Mix water and pectin in small saucepan.
- Bring to boil on high heat, stirring constantly.
- Continue boiling and stirring 1 minute.
- Add to fruit mixture; stir 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and no longer grainy.
- (A few sugar crystals may remain.) Fill clean plastic containers immediately to within 1/2 inch of tops.
- Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids.
- Let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
- Jam is now ready to use.
- Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks or freeze extra containers up to 1 year.
- Thaw in refrigerator before using.
we can't keep enough on hand. the whole family loves it
Absolutely delicious jam! The color is fantastic. It is so easy to make. I entered this in a county fair and won second place! Thanks for sharing the recipe!! My husband and kids devour this jam in no time!
I loved this. Making it was a breeze. I'm wondering if I could get away with a few marachino cherries chopped up in it next time...