Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is so yummy.... a great dessert to make in the summer, but it is great in any season. I have made this for company as an after dinner dessert.
Top Review by glitter
I love this! I used to make this for bunco all the time in the summer months and it's so very easy!It's also nice for small home baby showers or home shows. Kittencal thanks for sharing another goodie!! glitter
- 3 -4 bananas (yellow and ripe, but not brown)
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream, the cardboard paper box kind (very hard, NOT softened)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip, frozen topping thawed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar (icing)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare an 11" x 15" pan or a 13" x 9" pan.
- Reserve 1 cup cracker crumbs.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with the remaining 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs Slice the bananas crosswise, and layer evenly over the crumbs in the pan.
- Slice the ice cream into 1/2-inch thick slices, and place over the bananas.
- Sprinkle with nuts; freeze until very firm.
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and the 1/2 cup butter.
- Add in the powdered sugar and evaporated milk; cook this mixture, until combined and just heated (do not boil).
- Cool slightly; pour over the ice cream/bananas in the pan.
- Return to freezer, and freeze until very firm.
- Remove from the freezer, spread with thawed Cool Whip topping.
- Sprinkle with more cracker crumbs over top.
- Store in the freezer.