Recipe by looneytunesfan
Tip: Crust and filling can be made in advance and held until ready to assemble. Cover crust and store at room temperature; store filling in refrigerator. Best if eaten the same day as assembled.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened and divided
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
- 3 medium bananas, sliced and divided
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced pineapple, drained and cut in half
- 10 -12 maraschino cherries, drained and patted dry
- additional chopped nuts (to garnish)
- 1 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking square
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F In medium bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, 4 tablespoons lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Chill.
- In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add flour and 3/4 cup nuts; mix well.
- On lightly greased pizza pan or baking sheet, press dough into 12-inch circle, forming rim around edge. Prick with fork. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- Arrange 2 sliced bananas on cooled crust. Spoon filling evenly over bananas. Dip remaining banana slices in remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice; arrange on top along with pineapple, cherries and additional nuts.
- In small saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate with remaining 1 tablespoon butter; drizzle over pie. Chill thoroughly. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.