Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Another alternative to making a banana split dessert
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 5 -6 bananas
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 gallon strawberry ice cream
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 12 maraschino cherries
Hot fudge sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Butter a 9x13 pan. Combine graham crumbs, sugar and butter. Press firmly onto pan. Chill.
- Take bananas and split lengthwize, dipping in lemon juice before lining cake pan.
- Soften ice cream and pour over bananas.
- Whip whipping cream, do not add sugar. Spread over cake and top with cherries and nuts. Freeze.
- When ready to serve, make hot fudge sauce as follows: melt butter and chocolate chips. Add milk and powdered sugar. Bring to a boil and cook for 8 minutes, serve over cake. Sauce may be stored and rewarmed in microwave on low.