Prep 2 hrs
Cook 8 mins
This one gets LOTS of oohs and aahs! Not complicated if you follow the steps. VERY good, VERY impressive! Time includes freezing.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 4 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- whipped cream, maraschino cherries,and chopped pecans,for garnish
- In saucepan, mix 1/2 cup butter, sugar, milk, and chocolate chips.
- Bring to a boil, on med heat, boil and stir for 8 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- While this is cooling, melt remaining butter; toss with cookie crumbs and press in greased 13x9 pan.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Arrange banana slices on crust, spread with the vanilla ice cream.
- Spread 1 cup chocolate sauce on top.
- Freeze for 1 hour.
- Put remaining chocolate sauce in frige.
- After freezing for the hour, spread the strawberry ice cream on dessert, top with pineapple.
- Warm the chocolate sauce.
- Cut into squares and top with whipped cream, cherries, nuts and chocolate sauce.
This is so tasty! I am so glad I happened to see this recipe. This is going to be wonderful to serve in the summertime at our barbecues. Thanks for the great recipe!!
YUM! This is a great dessert. I followed the directions, but would suggest chilling the desert before adding the chocolate sauce on top of the vanilla ice cream. I used Bryers splenda brand ice cream, and it was soooo good. I also added cherries, whipped cream, fresh pineapple slices, chopped peanuts, and the rest of the chocolate sauce to the top. I assembled the dessert in a springform pan which allowed it to keep it's shape. I made this the night before and then allowed it to thaw a while before serving. Also sliced each piece with a wet knife. This is perfect when you are in the mood for a banana split!! So Good!!