Prep 2 hrs
Cook 5 mins
This pie is reminiscent of the taste of a banana split sundae.
- 8 tablespoons butter or 8 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 1⁄3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup prepared whipped cream or 1 cup Cool Whip
- 3 -6 bananas, sliced
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- additional whipped cream, for topping
- maraschino cherry (to garnish)
- chopped nuts (to garnish)
- To prepare the first layer of your banana split dessert, melt butter in a 9-inch by 13-inch glass baking dish.
- Stir in graham cracker crumbs and press with a fork to make crust.
- Bake for about 5 minutes in a preheated 200°F oven.
- Set aside to cool.
- Prepare the second layer by combining sugar, cream cheese, drained pineapple, and prepared whipping cream in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat with a mixer to thoroughly combine all ingredients.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the top of the graham cracker crust.
- Slice enough bananas to completely cover the pineapple-cream layer of your dessert.
- Prepare instant chocolate pudding with milk and pour mixture over the top of the banana slices.
- Refrigerate to set and store.
- Just prior to serving, top with additional whipped cream, and sprinkle with nuts and maraschino cherries.
- Refrigerate to store.