Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from a recipe box at a estate sale. This recipe is from the National Pecan Festival the recipe was submitted by Mrs. David Bryan.
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 large bananas
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream, whipped, sweetened with
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- Mix crumbs, butter and sugar, reserve 1/2 cup for topping.Press into 9x13-inch pan or dish.
- Slice bananas over crust.
- Slice ice cream and layer evenly over bananas. Sprinkle nuts over ice cream, press in and freeze.
- Mix chocolate chips, butter, powdered sugar and milk. Cook to boil, stirring until thick. Cool. Spread over frozen dessert.
- Spread whipped cream over chocolate layer; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- To serve, remove from freezer 1/2 hour before serving and cut into squares.
Simply delicious. What a great dessert or a summer BBQ. My guests ending up bringing something for dessert so we had competing desserts. This was surely the hit between the two. There are still quite a few leftovers which is just fine by me. The homemade chocolate sauce layer is AMAZING. The only downfall to this is that you need to remember to take it out of the freezer early enough.