Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom made this recipe when I was young and I have loved it ever since
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2-1 cup melted margarine
- 1 -2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 bananas
- 1 can crushed pineapple (, well drained)
- chopped nuts (, I use walnuts)
- 1 jar cherries
- 1 container Cool Whip
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter and press into a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Whip margarine, eggs, powdered sugar and vanilla til well mixed.
- Spread over crust Cut bananas lengthwise and put over mixture in pan.
- Top with pineapple.
- Spread coolwhip over top of pineapple.
- Sprinkle with nuts and add cherries Chill at least an hour before serving.
I have had this recipe for over 10 years, everytime that i make this eveyone loves it & wants the recipe. i could eat this whole cake by myself.i usually let the pineapple drain a very long time.if i know that i need to make this cake i will start draininng the day before. except i use sereral cans of crushed pinapple. you do have to warn people of the raw egg issue. this recipe is AWESOME!!!
Oh My Goodness, this is SO GOOD and SO FESTIVE LOOKIMG!! I have to admit I did not make this, I ate it! My sister-in-law was visiting and made this for the 4th of July celebration, it was so good I wanted to get the recipe and put it on zaar...but here it is! The only differences my SIL noticed was that on step 2 where is says to mix well, she mixes for 15 full minutes, she only used 6 bananas and she drizzles chocolate and caramel syrup on the top then adds the cherries....SO GOOD, THE WHOLE CROWD OHH'D, AHH'D AND ENJOYED! Thanks for this great recipe.
I took this to a baby shower, and was asked numerous times for the recipe. This is a party favorite. ( I only needed to use 6 bananas)