Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
A little different take on a very popular dessert. Cut small servings because this dessert is very rich.
- 591.47 ml vanilla wafer crumbs (about 80 wafers)
- 118.29 ml margarine, melted
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 566.99 g can crushed pineapple, drained and juice reserved
- 4 bananas
- 453.59 g Cool Whip, divided
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- maraschino cherry, for garnish
- chocolate syrup, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine vanilla wafer crumbs and melted margarine and press evenly onto bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bake crust in 350 degree oven for 5 to 8 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- In mixer bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy.
- Stir in 1 cup of Cool Whip.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled crust.
- Gently spread well-drained pineapple over cream cheese layer.
- Slice bananas and dip in reserved pineapple juice to keep bananas from getting brown.
- Arrange banana slices over pineapple layer.
- Spread remaining Cool Whip over bananas.
- Sprinkle walnuts over Cool Whip.
- Garnish with cherries and chocolate syrup as desired.
A very tasty dessert....mine did not come out of the pan perfectly but the taste was wonderful....
I had been searching for this recipe for quite sometime. Many years ago a friends mom made this and I fell in love. I have made it a few times now and have even had requests to make it.
This was just okay for us, there were no complaints but no rave reviews either!