1/1 Photo of Banana Split Delight
A little different take on a very popular dessert. Cut small servings because this dessert is very rich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 80 wafers)
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained and juice reserved
- 4 bananas
- 1 (16 ounce) Cool Whip, divided
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- maraschino cherry, for garnish
- chocolate syrup, for garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine vanilla wafer crumbs and melted margarine and press evenly onto bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- 3Bake crust in 350 degree oven for 5 to 8 minutes or until lightly golden.
- 4Set aside to cool completely.
- 5In mixer bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy.
- 6Stir in 1 cup of Cool Whip.
- 7Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled crust.
- 8Gently spread well-drained pineapple over cream cheese layer.
- 9Slice bananas and dip in reserved pineapple juice to keep bananas from getting brown.
- 10Arrange banana slices over pineapple layer.
- 11Spread remaining Cool Whip over bananas.
- 12Sprinkle walnuts over Cool Whip.
- 13Garnish with cherries and chocolate syrup as desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Split Delight
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.9
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.4 mg
- Sodium 130.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 2.5 g