- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 (6 ounce) container vanilla yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup maraschino cherry, drained and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 bananas, in 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup salted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease or line 12 muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl, mix together the oil, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla until well combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Gently fold in the pineapple, chocolate chips, and cherries. Add the banana slices and mix carefully.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, filling each almost to the top. Bake for 22 to 24 minutes until the cupcakes are lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Serve either plain, warm with a scoop of ice cream. Store covered at room temperature.