Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy little treat :) from the Wilton Cupcake Fun book. Top this cupcake treat with a scoop of ice cream, some drizzled chocolate sauce, chopped nuts or sprinkles and a cherry.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
WHIPPED CREAM ICING
- 1⁄2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cake decorating gel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- Preheat oven 350°F
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Add eggs, vanilla and banana; mix well.
- Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream; blend thoroughly but do not overmix.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on rack; remove and cool completely before decorating.
- STRAWBERRY FILLING:.
- Drain strawberries; reserving liquid. Add enough water to liquid to equal 1¼ cups.
- In large saucepan, combine strawberry liquid, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice; mix well.
- Heat and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- Cool completely.
- Stir strawberries into cooled mixture.
- Fill cupcake (Prepare a decorating bag with your jam filling and Round Decorating Tip 230; insert tip in top center of an uniced cupcake and squeeze out a small amount of filling. Or, use the Wilton Dessert Decorator, which includes a filling tip and an easy-to-control cylinder for adding just the right amount.).
- Combine whipping cream and sugar in mixing bowl.
- Whip to soft peak stage.
- Add piping gel and vanilla, then continue to whip stiff peaks.Do not overbeat.
- As an alternative, you can use Frozen Non-Dairy Whipped Topping or Packaged Topping Mix. Thaw frozen whipped topping in refrigerator before coloring or using for decorating. Use packaged topping mix immediately after preparing.
- Store decorated cupcakes in refrigerator until ready to serve. Do not allow either to stay at room temperature, as it becomes too soft for decorating.