Yummy little treat :) from the Wilton Cupcake Fun book. Top this cupcake treat with a scoop of ice cream, some drizzled chocolate sauce, chopped nuts or sprinkles and a cherry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
WHIPPED CREAM ICING
- 1Preheat oven 350°F
- 2In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 3In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- 4Add eggs, vanilla and banana; mix well.
- 5Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream; blend thoroughly but do not overmix.
- 6Pour into prepared pans.
- 7Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 8Cool 10 minutes in pan on rack; remove and cool completely before decorating.
- 9STRAWBERRY FILLING:.
- 10Drain strawberries; reserving liquid. Add enough water to liquid to equal 1¼ cups.
- 11In large saucepan, combine strawberry liquid, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice; mix well.
- 12Heat and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- 13Cool completely.
- 14Stir strawberries into cooled mixture.
- 15Fill cupcake (Prepare a decorating bag with your jam filling and Round Decorating Tip 230; insert tip in top center of an uniced cupcake and squeeze out a small amount of filling. Or, use the Wilton Dessert Decorator, which includes a filling tip and an easy-to-control cylinder for adding just the right amount.).
- 17Combine whipping cream and sugar in mixing bowl.
- 18Whip to soft peak stage.
- 19Add piping gel and vanilla, then continue to whip stiff peaks.Do not overbeat.
- 20As an alternative, you can use Frozen Non-Dairy Whipped Topping or Packaged Topping Mix. Thaw frozen whipped topping in refrigerator before coloring or using for decorating. Use packaged topping mix immediately after preparing.
- 21Store decorated cupcakes in refrigerator until ready to serve. Do not allow either to stay at room temperature, as it becomes too soft for decorating.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Split Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.7
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 77.9 mg
- Sodium 179.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 29.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cake decorating gel