Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a perfect summertime dessert, it's delicious! Plan ahead--this needs to chill for a minimum of 4 hours before serving. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 large bananas (not overly ripe or dark brown)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 (8 ounce) containercool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry (drained and without juice)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix together softened butter, 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon (if using) and the cracker crumbs (reserve 1/4 cup of this mixture); set aside.
- Press the remaining mixture into a 2-quart casserole cake pan; bake at 350°F for 5 minutes; cool completely.
- In a bowl, cream together cream cheese and 2 cups sugar until fluffy.
- Spread over the cooled baked crust.
- Slice the bananas over the cheese mixture.
- Carefully spread the pineapple over the bananas.
- In another bowl, mix the thawed Cool Whip topping with the pecans, cherries, and the remaining 1/4 cup crumb mixture.
- Chill at least 4 hours before serving.