Recipe by Jazzy'sNamma
A banana split in puff pastry. It's a banana split sandwich. From Taste of Home.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 12 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 medium bananas, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1⁄2 cup hot fudge
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water and butter to a boil.
- Add flour and salt all at once; stir until a ball forms.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat until mixture is smooth and shiny, about 3 minutes.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to wire rack.
- Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside.
- Discard soft dough from inside.
- Cool puffs.
- Fill each with a scoop of ice cream.
- Top with fruit.
- Drizzle with hot fudge sauce.
- Replace tops and serve immediately.