Recipe by Doing it Right
This is an awesome reduced fat, no sugar added pie that no one would be able to tell it was healthy. I've served this many times to family members and they never knew. Each serving is: 1 Starch, 1 Fruit and 1 Fat. I hope you enjoy this Joanna Lund recipe. (Prep time includes chill time)
- 1 cup banana, diced (1 medium)
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) graham cracker pie crusts
- 1 (1 ounce) sugar-free vanilla pudding mix (cook and serve)
- 1 (1/3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups diet Mountain Dew soda, divided (or water)
- 1 (1 ounce) sugar-free instant banana pudding mix
- 2⁄3 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 1 (8 ounce) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup Cool Whip Free
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer bananas and strawberries in the bottom of pie crust.
- In a medium saucepan, combine dry cook and serve pudding mix, dry gelatin and 1 1/2 cup diet mountain dew.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and starts to boil, stirring constantly.
- Spoon hot mixture evenly over fruit.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry instant pudding mix, milk powder and undrained pineapple and remaining 1/2 cup diet mountain dew.
- Mix well using a wire whisk.
- Blend in cool whip free.
- Spread pudding mixture evenly over set filling.
- Sprinkle pecans evenly over top.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut into 8 servings.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- **NOTE: Very important to use the cook and serve type pudding mix where called for.