Recipe by Pilates Gal
This came from one of Joanna Lund's cookbooks but I've played with it a little. A great breakfast or dessert as well as light lunch or snack.
Top Review by Pam-I-Am
A really delicious way to use cottage cheese in a new way to get my calcium in. I was out of lemon jello so I used sugar free orange...worked out fine. Think I may even try vanilla pudding next time. Very versatile. Thanks for posting. Pam
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup Cool Whip Lite
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup diced banana
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple. Toss banana in a little lemon juice to prevent browning if you like.
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, drained pineapple and dry gelatin. Fold in Cool Whip. Add pecans, bananas and strawberries. Mix gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- I sometimes add a handful of sweetened dried cranberries. I also don't worry too much about the measurements of the banana and strawberry, tossing in more or less to suite my taste.