1/2 Photos of Banana Split Cake
One of the best cakes I've ever had. This one isn't made with graham crackers, but is actually a cake. It's not only wonderful tasting, but beautiful too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 package instant banana pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed,divided
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed,drained
- 1/4 cup hot fudge, warmed (see note)
- 14 maraschino cherries, with stems
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Coat two 8" cake pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat the cake mix, pudding mix, water, oil and eggs until smooth.
- 4Stir in the pineapple then pour the batter into the cake pans, dividing equally.
- 5Bake for 35- 40 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 6Allow to cool for 15 minutes then invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
- 7In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup whipped topping and the strawberries and mix well.
- 8Place one cake layer on a serving plate and frost the top with the strawberry mixture.
- 9Place the second layer over the first then frost the top and sides with the remaining whipped topping.
- 10Drizzle with hot fudge then place the cherries around the edges of the cake top and sprinkle evenly with the nuts.
- 11Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 12NOTE: Warm the hot fudge enough to make it pourable, but don't allow it to get too hot or it will melt the"frosting"!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Split Cake
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 615.1
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 71.1 mg
- Sodium 685.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 56.9 g
- Protein 6.6 g