Prep 10 mins
Cook 32 mins
This looks really yummy for banana split lovers. It is easy to make with kids.
- 1 (18 ounce) box banana cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 -3 bananas
- 1 (16 ounce) can chocolate syrup
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- candy sprinkles (optional)
- maraschino cherry (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 13x9x2 pan.
- Combine make mix, egg, water, flour, and oil.
- Beat at low speed for 2 minutes until moist.
- Stir in chips.
- Bake at 350 for 30-32 min or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Cut into squares and top with banana slices.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Top with whipped cream and other toppings.
This has become one of our favorite cakes ever! I add a can of crushed pineapple to the cake batter and it just makes it that much more like a banana split. Cherries on top of the drizzled chocolate and then sprinkled with nuts -- yummy!!! Thanks for this one - TexasMama