Recipe by CookingSandefer
This looks really yummy for banana split lovers. It is easy to make with kids.
Top Review by Robin Cooper
This has become one of our favorite cakes ever! I add a can of crushed pineapple to the cake batter and it just makes it that much more like a banana split. Cherries on top of the drizzled chocolate and then sprinkled with nuts -- yummy!!! Thanks for this one - TexasMama
- 1 (18 ounce) box banana cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 -3 bananas
- 1 (16 ounce) can chocolate syrup
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- candy sprinkles (optional)
- maraschino cherry (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 13x9x2 pan.
- Combine make mix, egg, water, flour, and oil.
- Beat at low speed for 2 minutes until moist.
- Stir in chips.
- Bake at 350 for 30-32 min or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Cut into squares and top with banana slices.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Top with whipped cream and other toppings.