Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yum, yum--this is a very good, very easy dessert to fix--worthy enough to take to potlucks and come home with an empty pan.
- 2 cups graham crackers (crushed)
- 1 -2 cup oleo
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 bananas
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 cup crushed nuts (your choice)
- Put these ingredients in layers:.
- 1st Layer: Crush crackers and mix with 1 stick melted oleo; spread in 9x13-inch pan.
- 2nd layer: Cook to a custard, 1 stick oleo, 2 eggs and 2 cups powdered sugar.
- 3rd layer: 5 bananas sliced lengthwise.
- 4th layer: Drained pineapple.
- 5th layer: Cool Whip.
- 6th layer: Crushed nuts.
- Put in refrigerator and cool.
- NOTE: You may also use other fruits such as a can of cherry pie filling, sliced sweetened strawberries, hot fudge or chocolate--but end with Cool Whip and then nuts.
Everyone loves this recipe! There is never any left. I like to add strawberries(fresh) to the recipe.
My wife had a recipe almost the same as this - and once you taste it you can't stop until its all gone. I think the suggestion to try other fruits in it sound good also. Mike Wilson