Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is one of my families favorite. In fact I don't really remember with one of my aunts gave me the recipe so i'll credit both of them. Thanks Aunt Lill and Catherine for a wonderful most tasteful dish.
- 1 lb banana
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (8 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip or 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip Free (or 2 8oz tubs)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2-1 cup nuts (optional)
- Melt 1/2 c butter and mix with gram cracker crumbs and press into a 13x9 pan.
- Then set aside in fridge while making the custard (step 2).
- Beat together 1 c soft butter, eggs, and sugar for no more than 15 minutes.
- Then spread on to gram cracker crumb crust.
- Drain crushed pineapples and spread over the custard.
- Cut maraschino cherries in half and spread over the pineapple.
- Peel and cut bananas into coin size and spread on top of cherries.
- To finish top with Cool whip and nuts (which are optional).
- Once assembled let sit in fridge for about 1 hr before serving.
This recipe is my cousin's and a family favorite. While yes it calls for 2 eggs (raw) when you are finished beating them with butter and sugar, the eggs are cooked because of the fruction caused by the sugar. Hope this helps.
My next door neighbor Aggie was the first to introduce me and my family to this recipe, which she passed on to us. This was my ultimate favorite. All the flavors compliment each other. Out of fears of raw egg, I have variated this recipe, and used a box of vanilla pudding mixted with a container of whip cream in substitution for the egg and butter mixture.