Recipe by Babybuttons
This recipe is one of my families favorite. In fact I don't really remember with one of my aunts gave me the recipe so i'll credit both of them. Thanks Aunt Lill and Catherine for a wonderful most tasteful dish.
Top Review by Chatty-Cathy
This recipe is my cousin's and a family favorite. While yes it calls for 2 eggs (raw) when you are finished beating them with butter and sugar, the eggs are cooked because of the fruction caused by the sugar. Hope this helps.
- 1 lb banana
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (8 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip or 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip Free (or 2 8oz tubs)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2-1 cup nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1/2 c butter and mix with gram cracker crumbs and press into a 13x9 pan.
- Then set aside in fridge while making the custard (step 2).
- Beat together 1 c soft butter, eggs, and sugar for no more than 15 minutes.
- Then spread on to gram cracker crumb crust.
- Drain crushed pineapples and spread over the custard.
- Cut maraschino cherries in half and spread over the pineapple.
- Peel and cut bananas into coin size and spread on top of cherries.
- To finish top with Cool whip and nuts (which are optional).
- Once assembled let sit in fridge for about 1 hr before serving.