Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A decadent, sweet treat, perfect served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 4 ounces good quality unsweetened chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup maraschino cherry, halved
- 1 ripe banana, sliced in rounds (1/4-inch thick)
- 1⁄3 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 13X9" pan with foil and lightly spray the foil with a vegetable oil spray.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler or bowl set over barely simmering water. Stir occasionally. When everything is melted and smooth, remove the bowl from the top of the pan. Stir in the sugars, butter, vanilla and eggs until well combined.
- Add the flour and salt stirring just to combine (just until no more particles of white flour are visible).
- Add in the cherries and bananas and fold in gently to avoid breaking the banana slices. When combined, pour into foil lined pan and top with walnuts.
- Bake at 350 for 25 - 35 minutes or until a moist crumb clings to a toothpick when tested.
- Allow to cool at least 30 minutes before slicing. Pull the foil lining out and slice.
- Yield is dependent on the size of brownie you prefer.