Recipe by TheDancingCook
A very easy low fat breakfast or snack enjoyed by those who are young at heart through old at heart. FOR THOSE SERVING TO CHILD UNDER 1 YEAR OF AGE: DO NOT USE HONEY!!!!
Top Review by Sherri35
Love this! I used granola for the cereal and didn't add any honey since I was afraid it would make it a bit too sweet for our tastes. It really tastes like a banana split! A teeny bit of chocolate syrup would be good too :) Thanks for posting such a delicious and nutritious breakfast/snack recipe.
- 2 cups plain fat-free yogurt or 2 cups vanilla yogurt or 2 cups your favorite flavored yogurt
- 4 bananas, peeled and diced
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup low sugar cereal, crush cereal for infant/toddler (GrapeNuts, Cherrios, Bran)
- 1 cup strawberry, crushed
- 1 tablespoon honey (eliminate if using vanilla yogart and DO NOT ADD for any children under the age of 1)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix yogurt, pineapple and honey.
- Layer the following, starting with the bottom: yogurt mixture, bananas, cereal and strawberries.
- Sprinkle with additional cereal and serve.
- *Fora Banana Split look: Cut bananas in 1/2 lengthwise ans top with yogurt, fruit and cereal.