Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very easy low fat breakfast or snack enjoyed by those who are young at heart through old at heart. FOR THOSE SERVING TO CHILD UNDER 1 YEAR OF AGE: DO NOT USE HONEY!!!!
- 2 cups plain fat-free yogurt or 2 cups vanilla yogurt or 2 cups your favorite flavored yogurt
- 4 bananas, peeled and diced
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup low sugar cereal, crush cereal for infant/toddler (GrapeNuts, Cherrios, Bran)
- 1 cup strawberry, crushed
- 1 tablespoon honey (eliminate if using vanilla yogart and DO NOT ADD for any children under the age of 1)
- Mix yogurt, pineapple and honey.
- Layer the following, starting with the bottom: yogurt mixture, bananas, cereal and strawberries.
- Sprinkle with additional cereal and serve.
- *Fora Banana Split look: Cut bananas in 1/2 lengthwise ans top with yogurt, fruit and cereal.
Love this! I used granola for the cereal and didn't add any honey since I was afraid it would make it a bit too sweet for our tastes. It really tastes like a banana split! A teeny bit of chocolate syrup would be good too :) Thanks for posting such a delicious and nutritious breakfast/snack recipe.
It was pretty good. I used Crispix cereal because that's all I had, and I wish I would have had something more solid (i.e. cheerios, granola, etc.) The honey and pineapple add great flavor to the yogurt!
Put it this way: My normally passive 4 year old just realized his glass was empty and cried! lol... yummy breakfast and well-balanced. I used some generic Muesli cereal that had dates and nuts and oats in it.. good way to get all of your food groups (except the veggies, of course) in one shot! Thanks for sharing!