1/1 Photo of Banana Split Breakfast Muffins
You would swear you are eating a banana split. Made with fat free milk and yogurt this treat only boasts 287 calories and 17 g of fat. From the Flat Belly Diet Family Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 banana, very ripe, mashed (about 1/3c)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (not artifical)
- 1Preheat the oven to 375. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- 2Measure 1/2 cup of the walnuts into a food processor and grind to a fine meal. Place the ground walnuts, flour, chocolate chips, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
- 3Combine the brown sugar, oil, yogurt, milk, egg, banana, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl and stir until smooth. Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir until thoroughly combined. Stir in the remaining 1 cup walnuts and mix well (the batter will be thick).
- 4Fill the muffin cups three-fourths full and bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until the tops spring back lightly when touched. Remove the muffins from the pan and let cool on a rack.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Split Breakfast Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.5
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.7 mg
- Sodium 204.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 5.4 g