You would swear you are eating a banana split. Made with fat free milk and yogurt this treat only boasts 287 calories and 17 g of fat. From the Flat Belly Diet Family Cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup fat free Greek yogurt, plain
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 banana, very ripe, mashed (about 1/3c)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (not artifical)
- Preheat the oven to 375. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Measure 1/2 cup of the walnuts into a food processor and grind to a fine meal. Place the ground walnuts, flour, chocolate chips, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Combine the brown sugar, oil, yogurt, milk, egg, banana, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl and stir until smooth. Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir until thoroughly combined. Stir in the remaining 1 cup walnuts and mix well (the batter will be thick).
- Fill the muffin cups three-fourths full and bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until the tops spring back lightly when touched. Remove the muffins from the pan and let cool on a rack.