Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a treat for my son, we usually make it on the weekends. For a special extra you can sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. Pecan or walnut pieces, or a mix of berries gives this quick breakfast a gorgeous appearance. If available, substitute fresh berries for the thawed frozen berries.
- 1 small ripe banana, peeled,halved lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup fruit and bran cereal, with dates raisins walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup fresh raspberry
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon or 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- CUT banana in half lengthwise; place in cereal bowl.
- TOP with yogurt, cereal, blueberries and raspberries.
- SPRINKLE with ground cinnamon or nutmeg.
Delicious and fun! I used low fat raspberry yogurt, which came with its own small packet of low-fat granola. Thanks for such a cute idea!
My husband and I had this for breakfast this morning and it was delicious! I didn't have any fruit and bran but used my own homemade granola which is chock full of nuts and fruit. All the flavours went very well together. It was very filling as well! Thanks for a great recipe!