Recipe by Julie Leo
This is a treat for my son, we usually make it on the weekends. For a special extra you can sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. Pecan or walnut pieces, or a mix of berries gives this quick breakfast a gorgeous appearance. If available, substitute fresh berries for the thawed frozen berries.
- 1 small ripe banana, peeled,halved lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup fruit and bran cereal, with dates raisins walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup fresh raspberry
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon or 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg