Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is so moist and delicious. My daughter in law gave it to me, she got it from her small town newspaper. It is surely better than plain banana bread.
- 1 (14 ounce) boxpillsbury banana muffin
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped maraschino cherry
- 1⁄3 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄3 cup walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained,reserving liquid.
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 4 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 375 degrees, Grease and flour bottom of a 9x5" loaf pan.
- Add water to reserved pineapple juice to make 3/4 cup,set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all bread ingredients, including the pineapple water mix.
- Stir 50-75 strokes with a spoon until mix is well moistened.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool loaf in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely before adding glaze over cake.
- Glaze: In a small bowl combine all glaze ingredients, stir until well blended.
- Drizzle over cooled loaf.
- Let set awhile for icing to harden!