Recipe by Glittergirl
This is so moist and delicious. My daughter in law gave it to me, she got it from her small town newspaper. It is surely better than plain banana bread.
- 1 (14 ounce) boxpillsbury banana muffin
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped maraschino cherry
- 1⁄3 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄3 cup walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained,reserving liquid.
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 4 teaspoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees, Grease and flour bottom of a 9x5" loaf pan.
- Add water to reserved pineapple juice to make 3/4 cup,set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all bread ingredients, including the pineapple water mix.
- Stir 50-75 strokes with a spoon until mix is well moistened.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool loaf in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely before adding glaze over cake.
- Glaze: In a small bowl combine all glaze ingredients, stir until well blended.
- Drizzle over cooled loaf.
- Let set awhile for icing to harden!