Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A yummy twist on banana bread... I also use this recipe to make muffins, just bake for the amount of time suggested on the banana bread mix box. If I make bread, I rarely make the glaze because it doesn't really need it and the bread is very moist. If making muffins, those tend to be less moist, so I will drizzle the glaze on.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (well drained, reserving liquid)
- 1 (14 ounce) package banana bread mix
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped strawberry
- 1⁄3 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips, melted
- 4 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 375.
- Grease and flour bottom of pan.
- Add water to reserved pineapple juice to make 3/4 cup.
- In large bowl, combine all bread ingredients and stir till moist.
- Pour batter into pan and bake at 375 for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool loaf in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan, cool for 45 minutes.
- Glaze: In small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients and stir until well blended. Drizzle over cooled loaf.
- HIGH ALTITUDE: Add 1 tbsp flour to mix. Bake at 375 for 50-60 minutes.
this is really good and i generally hate banana anything.