Prep 0 mins
Cook 55 mins
A bit of a twist on banana bread. This just sounds to good not to share.
- 1 (8 ounce) candole unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, well drained, reserve liquid
- 1 (14 ounce) packagepillsbury banana muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄3 cup maraschino cherry, chopped
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup semi-sweet miniature chocolate chip
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
BANANA BREAD GLAZE
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet miniature chocolate chips, melted
- 4 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Grease and flour bottom only of a (9x5 inch) loaf pan (see NOTE).
- Add water to reserved pineapple liquid to make 3/4 Celsius
- In a large bowl, combine all bread ingredients.
- Stir 50-75 times with wooden spoon until mix is moistened (don't over mix!).
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 55-65 minutes or til toothpick placed in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in a pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan to cool for 45 minutes or til completely cooled.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients.
- Stir til well blended.
- Pour over loaf.
- Store Banana Split Bread in the refrigerator to slice when chilled.
- For gift giving you can use (3x5 inch) pans and bake 35-40 minutes.