Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Found this recipe in a Taste Of Home magazine
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg.
- In a second bowl combine milk and mashed bananas.
- Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add to cream mixture alternately with banana mixture.
- Fold in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased loaf pan
- Bake 350°F 60 to 70 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Complete cooling on wire rack.
Didn't want the chocolate chips to overpower the banana flavor, so I only used 1/2 cup. Reminded me of Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream! Easy to make and baked up beautifully. Loved it.
Love it! Love it! Love it! I have been eating my grandmothers banana bread for at least 25 years and thought hers was the best. My boyfriend disagreed because he said it was too sugary and greasy. So being one who loves to try new things I came here to search for a new recipe. Well I have to say I've found my new recipe and will not look any further! Well done!!
My DH gave this more the 5 *'s I did add some cherries. What tops a banana split? He was lookig at it like it was a fruit cake then tasted it. Boy the smile that came across his face!!! A keeper. Will be definately making again. Thanks for the post!