Recipe by iewe
A pillsbury recipe -- looks great for holiday gifts and general snacking purposes. Cooking time is cooling time.
- 16 ounces chocolate-flavored candy coating, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried pineapple rings, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup dried banana pieces, broken into large pieces (sweetened kind)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla baking chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a large cookie sheet with waxed paper. In 2-quart saucepan, melt candy coating over low heat, stirring constantly.
- In medium bowl mix pineapple, banana chips, pecans and cherries; reserve 1/2 cup.
- Add remaining fruit mixture to melted candy coating; toss to coat. Cool 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Gently fold in baking chips. Spread mixture evenly into 12x9-inch rectangle on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet; sprinkle with reserved fruit mixture. Cool until set, about 30 minutes.
- Break into 1 1/2x1 1/2-inch pieces. Store in airtight container.