Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 8 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 8 ounces hulled strawberries
- marshmallows (for garnish)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 3⁄4 ounces butter
- ---------Tomake Sauce-----------.
- Combine the sugar, cream and butter in a saucepan and stir over medium heat until mixture boils.
- Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes, then cool mixture to room temperature.
- Peel bananas and cut in half lengthways.
- Arrange each banana in a long serving dish and top with two scoops of ice cream.
- Spoon sauce over and top with strawberries, marshmallows and pecans.
- Serve immediately.
This is so good. I love banana splits as does my family. I really love the butterscotch sauce, it was so good. Thank you for this yummy ice cream treat.....Stephanie
OH my goodness, this was so yummy! I only made it for the 2 of us, so halved everything. I snuck in some chocolate sauce and maraschino cherries :wink: I think I could eat the butterscotch daily, but that might get me into clothes-trouble! Thanks Evie for a keeper!
I had been dreaming about a banana split for days and finally caved in tonight. Had everything I needed including some sauce that sounds similar to yours leftover from Pumpkin Ginger Cake so I used it. What a delight! And I waited so long why? Thanks for pushing me over the edge! ;-)