Recipe by TGirl,RN
This recipe yields 3 dozen soft, delicious cookies. Prep time includes 1 hour chill time for the dough.
Top Review by Cookin'withGas
About the only way I'll eat bananas is in breads or desserts...This recipe from the 1999 Taste of Home cookbook is nice but I must confess I substitute soft butter for the shortening ;-)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening, such as crisco
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup ripe banana, mashed (3 medium bananas)
- 2 cups flour, all purpose
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs and bananas, mixing well.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to butter mixture and blend well.
- Add nuts and raisins, then chill the dough for 1 hour.
- Dough will be very soft before chilling.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.