Recipe by Elvishdreamer
Nice alternative to Banana Bread when you have ripe bananas to use up. My family prefers these to bread - these don't last long in our house
Top Review by *Z*
Nice cookie. I added an extra half cup of flour to stiffen the dough up. It worked great. I added 1/2 cup cinnamon chips instead of the raisins. I also didn't have any cloves so I used some nutmeg. I know the flavor isn't the same but it turned out good.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup banana, mashed ripe (3 med)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar.
- Add eggs and bananas; mix up well.
- In another bowl combine dry ingredients; then add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in raisins.
- Chill (dough will be very soft).
- Drop by round teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.