Recipe by SuzV
A bundt cake from the My Great Recipes collection. The banana flavor is more subtle then banana bread. I love the lemon glaze, but a caramel icing is great on this too!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup ripe banana, mashed (about 2 medium)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- lemon glaze (below)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter with the sugars until fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs. Blend in the mashed bananas.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and the spices. Blend in to the banana mixture. Spread batter into a greased and floured tube or bundt pan (9 or 10 cup capacity).
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for one hour, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- When cake has cooled, drizzle with LEMON GLAZE: Mix 1 c powdered sugar, 2 tsp softened butter and 1/2 tsp lemon zest. Gradually mix in 2 Tbsp lemon juice until glaze is smooth and well blended.