Recipe by Taitertot
New healthier take on an old favorite!
Top Review by Dominique353
Really good! I just had one that was still warm out of the oven. I topped each muffin with 5 semisweet choc chips... am I glad I did! I too didn't have any crystalized ginger and my fresh ginger wasn't fit for consumption, so I used about a teaspoon of ground ginger instead. I would definitely use more next time as I can't taste it. But there will be a next time... Yum!
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1⁄2 cup egg white
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, minced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
Directions See How It's Made
- First, lightly beat eggs. Add sugar, bananas, milk, oil, vanilla, and ginger and mix until smooth.
- In a second container, combine dry ingredients. Slowly add to wet mixture. Mix until combined.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Makes 12 medium muffins or 9 large muffins.