Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
I wanted a healthy cake for my sons first birthday. I modified this recipe from one I found on the internet (not sure where I got it....). It was a huge hit and no-one could believe how healthy it was. Now we make the muffins every few weeks for breakfast - it's a family favorite. If you make it as a cake use a round cake pan and increase cooking time. I used honey and cream cheese for icing. Make sure you use quinoa FLAKES not the kind you cook. It can be found at health food stores and there's several brands.
- Preheat oven to 375 (350 for convection oven).
- Combine wet ingredients and mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet - DON'T OVER MIX - mix just until wet.
- Grease or line muffin tins.
- Spoon batter evenly into 12 cups.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm with butter or cool with icing.